2021 YGCC Case Competition
The Yale Graduate Student Consulting Club (YGCC) is delighted to announce our 10th annual case competition, which will be held on Thursday, April 15th, 2021 via Zoom. This year’s case competition will feature teams from top schools across the country, who will be challenged with an exciting real-world business case and use their analytical skills to develop solutions to the problem. Participants will present their solutions to professional consultants from our sponsoring firms and compete for cash prizes.
Beyond that, Virtual recruiter table, Q&A panel with consultants, Panel with consulting offerees and Coaching workshops with consulting prep firms will be held on the competition day, providing great opportunities for participants to develop their consulting careers.
1st Place Team: $ 4,000
2nd Place Team: $ 1,500
3rd Place Team: $ 500
reasons to apply
1. Develop and apply your analytical skills and management consulting skills.
2. Compete with teams of students from Yale and other top institutions to present solutions to a real-world business problem, and for a chance to win cash prizes.
3. Participate in our series events on the competition day: Virtual recruiter table, Q&A panel with consultants, Panel discussion with consulting offerees and Coaching workshops with consulting prep firms.
Save the dates
Mar 01, 2021: Application opens
Mar 04, 2021 6 PM – 7 PM EST: Info session and networking*
Mar 19, 2021 6 PM – 7 PM EST: Info session and networking*
Mar 26, 2021 11:59 PM EST: Application deadline
Mar 30, 2021 Invitations sent to selected teams and registration open**
Apr 06, 2021 Registration deadline and case prompt released
Apr 13, 2021 Presentation submissions due 11:59 PM EST
Apr 15, 2021 Competition day
1. All graduate students, master students, professional students, undergraduate students, post-docs and recent graduates are welcome to apply. (One undergraduate maximum per team and one MBA maximum per team)
2. Students from other universities are welcome to apply. We have previous participants coming from Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, NYU, Penn, Princeton, Tufts, Dartmouth, Carnegie Mellon, University of Virginia, Duke, University of Chicago, Northwestern, UCLA, and Stanford.
3. Interest in management consulting. No business background is necessary.
how to apply
1. Apply as a team of 4-5 members via this link
2. 1-page resume per person, plus 1 cover letter per team.
3. Application closes Friday, Mar 26, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST.
4. A registration fee of $15 per person will be required upon acceptance into the case competition and will allow your team to receive the case prompt. The registration fee will be waived if you are Yale affiliated. A $10 food voucher will be provided to all participants for the lunch of the competition day.
*: You can choose between these two dates and sign up for either of the two info sessions depending on your schedule. You could also participate in the networking session following the info session to find your teammates. Please see below for the info session sign-up.
**: Please note that the registration is different from the application. Only selected teams will be invited to register and participate in the case competition. A registration fee of $15 per person is required if your team is invited to register and participate in the case competition. Yale affiliated students or post-docs do not need to pay for the registration fee. A $10 food voucher will be provided to all participants for the lunch of the competition day.